BBQ Baby Back Ribs | Instant Pot Recipes
Learn how to make Fall-Off-The-Bone BBQ Baby Back Ribs in Instant Pot. Rather than babysitting your favorite ribs for hours, use Pressure Cooker to get it done in less than 1 hour. Using this multi-functional device will not compromise quality of your delicious meal. Also make the final touch with BBQ to caramelize your masterpiece. There is a secret ingredient used in this Pressure Cooker recipe which makes the difference between tender and just OK final result. Here is the trick: use 1 cup of apple juice in the inner pot. Why apple juice? The reason is in the acids which are contained in apple juice or any other acidic baste. Without going into too much technical details, let’s say that it breaks down the fibres in the meat tissue, resulting in more tender meats.
The best recipes for busy families is the motto of our website. With minimum time and ingredients you will make the perfect BBQ Baby Back Ribs in Instant Pot.
- 1 slab – 5 lbs – Baby Back Ribs
- 4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup Apple juice
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- Instant Pot DUO80 8 Qt 7-in-1 Multi- Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Sauté, Yogurt Maker and Warmer
Make your choice based on the budget, number of family members, kitchen size and other relevant considerations.
Here is a quick tip to consider when selecting the size of Instant Pot:
3Qt size – good for 2 people
6Qt size – good for 3-4 people
8Qt size – good for 5-6 people
- Mix salt, ground black pepper, ground cayenne pepper, garlic and onion powder in a bowl. Remove the membrane from the inner side of the ribs.
- Rub the ribs on both sides. Cut slab in half if it’s too big for your Instant Pot model.
- Pour apple juice into Instant Pot. Place the steam rack into the inner pot. Coil ribs into a circle and place vertically on top of the riser in the pot. Close the lid, turn the steam release handle to “sealing” position.
- Select (Pressure cook) program, set the “Pressure Indicator” to “High Pressure” and then manually adjust time to 25 minutes.
- It will take a few minutes to heat up and seal the vent. When time is up, open the lid by using quick release i.e. turn the steam release handle to “venting” position.
- Remove the ribs from Instant Pot and place them on a cutting board. Slather both sides with your favorite BBQ sauce. Pre-heat BBQ to 400°F. Caramelize the ribs for 2-3 minutes on each side, watch carefully, so it doesn’t burn.
OK, Easy, Fall-Off-The-Bone BBQ Baby Back Ribs recipe is ready. It turned out really juicy, tender and quick. Remember: we spent less than 1 hour to make it. Enjoy !
Nutrition Facts Disclaimer
(Nutriton Facts provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
Other Pressure Cooker Recipes
Expand your menu by adding Chinese Fried Rice, Roasted Potatoes, Whole roasted chicken, Oatmeal Porridge and Moroccan Lamb Tajine. The BBQ Baby Back Ribs recipe is delicious and easy. Stay tuned as the list of our simple step by step recipes is updated frequently. Also we focus on the healthy recipes only. The Pressure Cooker recipes and ideas become more and more popular and this exactly matches our strategy as well as our promise to our customers is “Best recipes for busy families”.
All best recipes for busy families have been thoroughly tested by us. We only recommend recipes and kitchen appliances that we use and like. Take a look at our unbiased review of Instant Pot. Enjoy your instapot recipes.