Beef Goulash | Instant Pot Recipes
Certainly, an easy Beef Goulash recipe is our most cherished Hungarian comfort food. First of all, it is hearty, thick and absolutely delicious. This recipe is a conversion from a regular Beef Goulash made on stove. If you are not familiar with this dish and its name sounds unfamiliar to you, just imagine meaty soup and juicy stew mixed together. No doubts, it can easily replace both soup and main course and you will ask for more. In addition, the Pressure Cooker makes this recipe much faster and healthier as all nutrients are sealed and stay inside the Instant Pot.
As it is well known, the best recipes for busy families is the motto of our website. Go international and explore the world’s best cuisines. Start with the Hungarian warmth and generosity that will leave no one skeptical about it.
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 1/2 lbs beef chuck
- 2 onions
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp caraway seeds
- 1 tsp dried marjoram leaves
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground thyme
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Instant Pot DUO80 8 Qt 7-in-1 Multi- Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Sauté, Yogurt Maker and Warmer
Make your choice based on the budget, number of family members, kitchen size and other relevant considerations.
Here is a quick tip to consider when selecting the size of Instant Pot:
3Qt size – good for 2 people
6Qt size – good for 3-4 people
8Qt size – good for 5-6 people
- Cut up the beef chuck into bite size cubes. I don’t recommend buying pre-cut cubes, just do it yourself. It’s easy and you will know exactly what kind of meat you are cooking.
- Select (Sauté) program and pour vegetable oil into the inner pot. Sauté the meat until it is brown. Keep moving the beef cubes around, so they won’t stick to the bottom.
- After that, remove the meat and set it aside. Add the roughly chopped onion. It’s absolutely OK if it comes in big pieces. Sauté the onion until it is caramelized.
- Now it’s time to add the meat back. Season with caraway seeds, paprika, cayenne pepper, marjoram leaves, ground thyme, salt and black pepper. Add the tomato paste, minced garlic, balsamic vinegar and pour the chicken broth. Mix it well.
- 2 bay leaves will bring extra flavor to your meal.
- Cancel (Sauté) program. Close the lid and turn the steam release handle to “Sealing” position.
- Select (Pressure Cook) program. “High” pressure mode is a default setting. Set time to 30 minutes.
- When time is up, make a quick release. The Beef Goulash is ready now.
- You may serve it with the sour cream and get the pasta as a side dish.
Nutrition Facts Disclaimer
(Nutrition Facts provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
Other Pressure Cooker Recipes
No doubt, this hearty Hungarian Beef Goulash will warm you and your loved ones during cold winter evenings. Complete your due diligence by checking out other Instant Pot recipes for busy families that will improve quality of food and speed up the cooking process:
Stay tuned as the list of our simple step by step recipes is updated frequently. Also we focus on the healthy recipes only. The pressure cooker recipes and ideas become more and more popular. No doubt, this exactly matches our strategy as well as our promise to our customers is “Best recipes for busy families”.
Certainly, all best recipes for busy families have been thoroughly tested by us. We only recommend recipes and kitchen appliances that we use and like. Finally, take a look at our unbiased review of Instant Pot. Enjoy your instapot recipes.