How to make a Fruit Platter
How to make a Fruit Platter? There is no need to call catering company and ask for help. You can make your own Fruit Platter with a few ordinary ingredients and creative fruit platter ideas. As soon as you make your first fruit platter, you are officially qualified for making fruit trays for parties at home such as Christmas, Thanksgiving, Birthdays, Weddings and any other important family events. Don’t be shy. Always remember that everyone starts at square one and making fruit trays for parties is just a skill like any other skill: the more you practice, the more confidence you gain. Your loyal audience – family and friends – will appreciate your willingness to hone party platters mastery.
Servings: 1 large fruit platter. Approximately, there will be 9 servings, 1.76 ounce (50 g) for each serving.
- 2 apples
- 1 grapefruit
- 2 kiwis
- 1 orange
- 1 banana
- First, carve a swan from an apple. Cut an apple into 3 parts by making the middle part 1/3 of an inch wide. Do not remove the stem.
- Cut a swan neck from the middle part, as seen in the video. Keep the stem on as a crest.
- Make a swan body from half an apple. Cut 2 wedges from each side of the body.
- Assemble your wedges as seen in the video and place them on the body.
- Attach the neck part to the body part with a toothpick.
- Repeat steps 1-5 to make another swan.
- Peel the grapefruit and cut it in half. Then slice each half. Use half of the slices to make a rose. You will use the other half to make a side decoration at the end.
- Cut an orange into halves, then slice each half. You will use all of the orange slices to make a side decoration at the end.
- Peel the kiwis. Use 1 kiwi to make two lilies by making deep cuts to the center. Slice another kiwi to make a side decoration at the end.
- Peel and slice the banana.
- Decorate the platter the beautifully carved fruits and berries.
Now you know how to make a Fruit Platter. It’s not difficult. Just use your fruit platter ideas, knife cutting techniques and patience. Slice, cut and carve with passion to make amazingly beautiful and delicious party platters.
Nutrition Facts Disclaimer
(Nutriton Facts provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)