How to make Crispy Honey Sriracha Chicken Wings
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons table salt
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons chili pepper
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 5 pounds chicken wing sections
Honey Sriracha Glaze
- 2/3 cup honey
- 2/3 cup sriracha sauce
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, or as desired
Note: 4 servings of our Crispy Honey Sriracha Chicken Wings fit perfectly on 1 baking sheet and 1 baking rack, but they are so yummy that this is NOT enough for a whole family! We find that you need at least 8 servings for a family of 4. You will require 2 baking sheets and 2 baking racks for this recipe if you want to save time and get it done in 1 hour. If you don’t have 2 baking sheets and 2 racks, just repeat the process. You’ll enjoy the delicious smell longer…
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and place an oven-proof wire rack over the foil.
- Whisk the baking powder, salt, black pepper, chili pepper and paprika together in a small bowl. Place the chicken wings in a large bowl. If you don’t have bowls, you can use a regular mid-size pot with lid. Personally, I prefer pots as the wings don’t fly away.
- Sprinkle 1/2 of the baking powder mixture over the wings and toss to coat. Sprinkle the remaining baking powder mixture over the wings and toss to coat again.
- Place the wings onto the rack of the prepared baking sheet. Make sure that all wings are within foil coverage otherwise your wings might stick to the rack.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. Turn the wings and continue baking for 20 minutes. Turn the wings again and bake until wings are browned and crispy, about 10 or 15 minutes more. It’s best to monitor them to make sure that the wings are not overcooked (i.e., too dry or brown).
- Transfer the wings to a large bowl.
- Whisk the honey, sriracha sauce, rice vinegar, and sesame oil together in a bowl until the glaze is even. Drizzle the glaze over the wings and toss to coat.
- Place the wings onto a serving platter and sprinkle sesame seeds over the top.
(Nutriton Facts provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)