How to make Greek Yogurt | Instant Pot Recipes
Learn how to make Greek Yogurt in Instant Pot. It is an easy recipe but it’s quite time consuming. Also as any cheese making recipe it requires patience and precision. We call it “the cooking discipline”. If the instructions say “milk’s temperature should be 180F” then it should be exactly 180F, no more, no less . There is an award at the end of this challenge: healthy yogurt, one of the most popular Instant Pot recipes.
As usual, there is a magic component which makes thick and delicious Greek Yogurt . We used Plain Greek Yogurt. Make sure that the plain yogurt you buy contains milk and live and active cultures. You need to buy it just once as you can freeze a couple of tablespoons of freshly made yogurt and use them later on to make new yogurt. Live and active bacteria don’t last long after a can or pack is open. Anyway, you can keep it frozen as long as you need it. There is another option: buy Probiotic Yogurt Culture to make this Greek Yogurt.
The best recipes for busy families is the motto of our website. Make healthy and easy Instant Pot recipes with confidence and pleasure.
- 1/2 gal (2 L) milk
- 2 tbsp Plain Yogurt, Probiotic wih Live and Active Cultures
- Instant Pot DUO80 8 Qt 7-in-1 Multi- Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Sauté, Yogurt Maker and Warmer
- Tel-Tru 12″ Stainless Steel Cheesemaking Thermometer 0/220 degrees F
- Best Quality Cheesecloth 43 Sq Ft *Chef Premium FOOD GRADE 60* Fine Mesh Unbleached 100% Cotton – Can Use as Nut Milk Bag, Strainer, Baby Wrap Roll
- Euro Cuisine Greek Yogurt Maker – Gy50
Make your choice of Instant Pot based on the budget, number of family members, kitchen size and other relevant considerations.
Here is a quick tip to consider when selecting the size of Instant Pot:
3Qt size – good for 2 people
6Qt size – good for 3-4 people
8Qt size – good for 5-6 people
- Add the milk, secure the lid and press “Yogurt” program twice to select “Boil”.
- When the time is up, open the lid, measure temperature. If it doesn’t reach 180 F, cancel “Boil” program.
- Select (Sauté) program to heat the milk to 180 F quickly.
- Let the milk cool down to 115F.
- Add Probiotic Yogurt Culture. Make sure it is a Plain Yogurt with active bacteria. Mix it with the milk.
- Secure the lid, press “Yogurt” program and select “Normal Pressure” mode (default), then adjust time to 24 hours. See tips below.
- When time is up, a word “Yogt” will appear on the display. Open the Instant Pot.
- Look at this beauty. It is creamy, tangy and very thick. The longer your time settings, the tangier, thicker and healthier your yogurt becomes.
- Now it’s time to strain the Yogurt. Put the strainer into a large bowl. Cover it with a cheesecloth. Transfer yogurt into the strainer. Wrap the cheesecloth.
- Keep in the freezer for a couple of hours before serving.
Greek Yogurts are good for dip base like tzatziki. Stay tuned as we are going to make tzatziki in the next video.
Anyway, both Strained and Regular yogurts can be served with a little bit of honey or fresh berries on top.
Also you can easily turn Yogurt into cream cheese or soft cheese.
(Nutriton Facts provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
Other Pressure Cook Recipes
Furthermore, add to your homemade Greek Yogurt recipe one of the following options: Macaroni and Cheese, Beef Stroganoff, Mashed Potatoes, Shrimp Alfredo Pasta, Chinese Noodles, BBQ Baby Back Ribs, Chinese Fried Rice, Roasted Potatoes, Whole roasted chicken, Oatmeal Porridge and Moroccan Lamb Tajine. The baked Mac and Cheese recipe is delicious and simple. Stay tuned as the list of our simple step by step recipes is updated frequently. Also we focus on the healthy recipes only. The pressure cooker recipes and ideas become more and more popular and this exactly matches our strategy as well as our promise to our customers is “Best recipes for busy families”.
All best recipes for busy families have been thoroughly tested by us. We only recommend recipes and kitchen appliances that we use and like. Take a look at our unbiased review of Instant Pot. Enjoy your instapot recipes.