How to make Soft and Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Servings: 18 servings
Equipment Used To Make This Recipe
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter or margarine, softened
- 2 cups quick-cooking or old-fashioned oats
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Combine the eggs and sugar in a large bowl of a KitchenAid mixer. Beat them thoroughly.
- Add the softened butter.
- Add the vanilla extract.
- Add the raisins. Mix until they are evenly distributed. To soften the raisins, put them into hot water for 5 minutes before mixing.
- Combine the quick-cooking or old-fashioned oats and flour in another large bowl. Mix them thoroughly with the KitchenAid stand mixer.
- Combine the oats and flour with the eggs, sugar, vanilla and raisins. Mix them thoroughly.
- Leave the mixture aside for 30 minutes. The oats will soak and become juicier.
- Preheat the oven to 390°F (200°C).
- Divide the mixture into eighteen pieces.
- Drop rounded tablespoons of batter, 2 inches apart, onto a baking sheet. or pizza stone.
- Place the baking sheet into the oven and bake for 20 minutes, until golden brown.
- Transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts Disclaimer
(Nutriton Facts provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)