Instant Pot BBQ Whole Chicken
We are back from long and enjoyable summer. Anyway the summer is still here, so don’t hide your BBQ yet. There is a special gift for you. Try this simple and delicious recipe of Instant Pot BBQ Whole Chicken that we successfully tested a few times over the last backyard season. You won’t regret it.
Instant Pot and BBQ is a powerful duo that will help you create a miraculous result of juicy, tender and beautifully caramelized whole chicken. Another obvious advantage of this recipe: you have enough time to make it after long day as it takes less than half an hour. Pressure cooker makes all the heavy-lifting for you, so no need to spend a few hours of doing the same recipe in the slow cooker. Caramelizing is just a couple of minute final touch.
As you definitely know, the best recipes for busy families is the motto of our website. Be inventive and convert regular recipes into Instant Pot recipes i.e. delicious and easy meals. It is not difficult, just be a little bit patient as you might need to experiment with the same recipe more than once.
- Instant Pot DUO80 8 Qt 7-in-1 Multi- Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Sauté, Yogurt Maker and Warmer
Make your choice based on the budget, number of family members, kitchen size and other relevant considerations.
Here is a quick tip to consider when selecting the size of Instant Pot:
3Qt size – good for 2 people
6Qt size – good for 3-4 people
8Qt size – good for 5-6 people
- Rinse the chicken and dry it with paper towels.
- Use a sharp knife and cut it down into the middle of the chicken breast.
- Turn it around and make it as flat as possible.
- Season the chicken generously on both sides. If you have time you can put it aside and marinade for a couple of hours.
- Set up the steam rack and pour 1 cup of water.
- Place the bird inside the Instant Pot on the steam rack.
- Close the lid and turn the steam release handle to “Sealing” position.
- Select (Pressure Cook) program. Choose “High” pressure mode. Set time to 10 minutes.
- When time is up, make a quick release.
- Take out the chicken by holding the steam rack handles. Be very careful as it is hot inside.
- Baste the bird with your favorite BBQ sauce. We used Mr.Spice
- Place the chicken on the BBQ grill and spread the sauce evenly on the other side.
- Caramelize it for a couple minutes on each side.
- It is ready now. Take it out from the BBQ and enjoy it.
Instant Pot BBQ Whole Chicken is ready now. Look at this beauty. It is really juicy, tender and very attractive. Serve it when it is hot with any side dish.
Nutrition Facts Disclaimer
(Nutrition Facts provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
Other Pressure Cooker Recipes
No doubt, this Instant Instant Pot BBQ Whole Chicken recipe will extend your backyard summer evenings and make them more enjoyable. Add to your Ribs and Chicken BBQ Pressure Cooking collection other delicious recipes from our website:
Stay tuned as the list of our simple step by step recipes is updated frequently. Also we focus on the healthy recipes only. The pressure cooker recipes and ideas become more and more popular. No doubt, this exactly matches our strategy as well as our promise to our customers is “Best recipes for busy families”.
Certainly, all the best recipes for busy families have been thoroughly tested by us. We only recommend recipes and kitchen appliances that we use and like. Finally, take a look at our unbiased review of Instant Pot. Enjoy your instapot recipes.