Instant Pot Chicken Wings
No doubt, Chicken Wings is one of the most popular recipes in Internet. You can make it much healthier, faster and easier if you use an Instant Pot – helpful device which combines pressure cooker and regular functions. As soon as you make this recipe once, you will fall in love with it and keep making Instant Pot Chicken Wings for every significant family event.
A traditional Crispy Honey Sriracha Chicken Wings recipe was adjusted accordingly. There is always a trade-off between different recipe components and benefits. Even though, a magic ingredient Baking Powder was lost in transition and Chicken Wings are not as crispy as they were before. Anyway, there is a good news: the cooking time is much shorter and also you reduce the amount of cleaning issues, better say you just eliminate them completely. If you are a lover of Crispy Chicken Wings, then go to our oven-made recipe. You won’t notice any difference in taste.
As you probably already know, the best recipes for busy families is the motto of our website. Be courageous and transform regular recipes into Instant Pot recipes i.e. delicious and easy meals. It is not difficult, just be a little bit patient as you might need to experiment with the same recipe more than once.
- 4 lbs chicken wings
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil to fry
For the glaze:
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup Sriracha
- 1 tbsp seasoned rice vinegar
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- sesame seeds to garnish
- Instant Pot DUO80 8 Qt 7-in-1 Multi- Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Sauté, Yogurt Maker and Warmer
Make your choice based on the budget, number of family members, kitchen size and other relevant considerations.
Here is a quick tip to consider when selecting the size of Instant Pot:
3Qt size – good for 2 people
6Qt size – good for 3-4 people
8Qt size – good for 5-6 people
- Make a spice wrap by adding a half tablespoon of salt, a teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper and 2 teaspoons of smoked paprika. Mix it well.
- Sprinkle it over chicken wings and give a toss.
- Select (Sauté) program and pour vegetable oil into the inner pot.
- When inner pot is hot, add about half of the chicken wings and sauté them for a couple of minutes on each side. Keep moving the chicken sections around, so they won’t stick to the bottom.
- Repeat the same process for another half of the chicken wings.
- Cancel (Sauté) program.
- Add two cups of water to the inner pot and deglaze the bottom. Then setup a steamer rack and place the chicken wings on it.
- Close the lid and turn the steam release handle to “Sealing” position.
- Select (Pressure Cook) program. Choose “High” pressure mode. Set time to 10 minutes.
- When time is up, make a quick release.
- Mix up Honey Sriracha glaze. Add equal quantities of Sriracha and honey to a bowl. Add rice vinegar and sesame oil. Mix it well.
Toss wings with sauce while hot. Instant Pot Chicken Wings are ready now. Garnish them with sesame seeds.
Nutrition Facts Disclaimer
(Nutrition Facts provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
Other Pressure Cooker Recipes
Certainly, this Instant Pot Chicken Wings recipe will cheer up your Super Bowl days as well as any other big dates at your discretion. Add to your Pressure Cooking collection other unforgettable success stories:
Stay tuned as the list of our simple step by step recipes is updated frequently. Also we focus on the healthy recipes only. The pressure cooker recipes and ideas become more and more popular. No doubt, this exactly matches our strategy as well as our promise to our customers is “Best recipes for busy families”.
Certainly, all the best recipes for busy families have been thoroughly tested by us. We only recommend recipes and kitchen appliances that we use and like. Finally, take a look at our unbiased review of Instant Pot. Enjoy your instapot recipes.