Juicy and Tender Mississippi Pot Roast | Instant Pot Recipes
We continue the meat topic after warm welcoming of Beef Stroganoff, BBQ Baby Back Ribs and Moroccan Lamb Tajine. This time we are making Juicy and Tender Mississippi Pot Roast! It is very popular in the Southern States and probably there are a lot different versions of this dish but let’s keep it classic and simple. Yes, we will add Pepperoncini and, of course, we will make delicious gravy which is both tangy and rich! What’s the catch? We are not making Mississippi pot roast in slow cooker also known as crock pot!!! Let’s speed up the cooking process without losing quality of this delicious food and make it in Instant Pot. Pressure cooking technology will help us convert chuck roast into a divine meal 3 times faster. Read Instant Pot recipe below and be surprised how easy it is.
After sharing spiciness with meat and gravy, Pepperoncini will become just another juicy element of Mississippi Roast with no extreme hot characteristics. If you really like spices, don’t add all Pepperoncini into Instant Pot while cooking, keep a few and bring them into your plate at the end, after the divine meat is ready.
The best recipes for busy families is the motto of our website. Make delicious and easy Instant Pot recipes with a pinch of criticism and a desire to experiment.
- 2 tbsp of vegetable oil
- 4.5 lbs of chuck roast
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 16 oz jar of peperoncini or banana peppers
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 cups of beef broth or Beef Base
- 1 packet of Roast Gravy
- 1 packet of Au Jus or Beef Gravy mix
- 4 tbsp (1/2 stick) butter
- 2 tbsp corn starch, dissolved in 2 tbsp water
- Instant Pot DUO80 8 Qt 7-in-1 Multi- Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Sauté, Yogurt Maker and Warmer
Make your choice based on the budget, number of family members, kitchen size and other relevant considerations.
Here is a quick tip to consider when selecting the size of Instant Pot:
3Qt size – good for 2 people
6Qt size – good for 3-4 people
8Qt size – good for 5-6 people
- Select (Sauté) program and set Mode Indicator to “More”. Adjust time to 30 minutes.
- Pour vegetable oil. Slice the chuck roast in half and saute the meat on each side for about 3 minutes. Move the meat as soon as it gets into the inner pot, so it won’t stick to the bottom.
- Remove the meat and add the diced onion. Stir it for about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the minced garlic and cook for half a minute. Add the beef broth.
- Deglaze the bottom of the inner pot.
- It’s time to add in all the juice from the Pepperoncini jar. Add Au Jus and Roast Gravy mix.
- Add in pepperoncinis. Don’t forget to remove the stems before adding. Keep a few for garnish at the end. Stir them well.
- Cancel (Sauté) program. Add back in all the seared roast. Top with the butter.
- Close the lid and turn the steam release handle to “Sealing” position.
- Select “Pressure Cook” program and choose “High” pressure mode, and then set time to 1 hour and 10 min.
- When done, allow a natural release for 15 minutes, then make a quick release. When the lid comes off, transfer the roast to a serving dish (it will be VERY tender!). Press “Keep Warm/Cancel” and then select “Sauté” program.
- As the sauce is coming to a bubble, add 1 tbsp of brown sugar. Dissolve 2 tbsp corn starch in 2 tbsp water. Add corn starch mixture into the Gravy Potion. It will thicken the Gravy. Cook it for a couple of minutes. Cancel “Sauté” program.
- Pour the gravy over the roast and, if desired, add a few of the reserved uncooked pepperoncini for garnish.
Nutrition Facts Disclaimer
(Nutriton Facts provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
Other Pressure Cook Recipes
Don’t forget to add to your Juicy and Tender Mississippi Pot Roast recipe one of the following options: Macaroni and Cheese, Shrimp Alfredo Pasta, Whole roasted chicken and Oatmeal Porridge. The Mississippi Pot Roast Recipe is juicy and delicious. Stay tuned as the list of our simple step by step recipes is updated frequently. Also we focus on the healthy recipes only. The pressure cooker recipes and ideas become more and more popular and this exactly matches our strategy as well as our promise to our customers is “Best recipes for busy families”.
All best recipes for busy families have been thoroughly tested by us. We only recommend recipes and kitchen appliances that we use and like. Take a look at our unbiased review of Instant Pot. Enjoy your instapot recipes.