Leche Frita (Fried Milk) – the best Spanish Dessert
Leche Frita is one of the most popular Spanish Desserts. It’s also known as Fried Milk in United States. The recipe is simple but still very delicious. Don’t confuse simple with easy as we tried this recipe a few times before we found the right proportion of ingredients. Follow our Fried Milk Spanish Dessert recipe to save time and get the best results. The right way of cooking Leche Frita will keep the pieces firm but
not over starchy.
As you are already aware, the best recipes for busy families is the motto of our website. Be creative and be brave. Also it’s important to be disciplined and be humble to follow instructions step by step. Know when and how to experiment.
- 4 cups milk
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup cornstarch
- lemon zest from 1 lemon
- orange zest from 1 orange
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- Oil to fry
- 3 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- The Rock Skillet
- Single Burner Induction Cooktop
- Immersion Hand Blender, Utalent 5-in-1 8-Speed Stick Blender with 500ml Food Grinder, BPA-Free, 600ml Container,Milk Frother,Egg Whisk,Puree Infant Food, Smoothies, Sauces and Soups – White
- Stainless Steel Casserole
- Peel the orange and lemon skin.
- Dissolve 1 cup cornstarch in 1 cup milk.
- Add 1 tsp vanilla extract.
- Pour the remaining milk into the stainless steel casserole, add lemon and orange skin, cinnamon stick and sugar.
- Bring it to boil, remove from the burner.
- Close the lid and let it stay for 15 minutes.
- Mix the milk well, take out the lemon and orange skin as well as cinnamon stick.
- Whisk in the cornstarch mixture until it becomes smooth and creamy.
- Cover the food container with plastic wrap.
- Transfer the mixture into the food container with spatula.
- Wrap it and let it cool down to room temperature. Then refrigerate it for a couple of hours.
- Beat a couple of eggs.
- Coat the cream with flour and then cut it into small equal pieces.
- Coat each small piece with flour and beaten eggs, then coat with flour one more time.
- Heat the skillet, pour oil. When it is hot, fry the milk on each side until it is golden brown.
- Transfer the fried pieces to the paper towel to absorb the oil.
- Mix 3 tsp sugar and 1 tsp cinnamon powder in a bowl.
- Coat each piece in this mixture.
Nutrition Facts Disclaimer
(Nutrition Facts provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
Finally, Fried Milk Spanish Dessert (Leche frita) is included in your recipe collection now. In addition to the Spanish sweet, don’t forget to check out other recipes for busy families that will help you cook much faster and healthier:
Stay tuned as the list of our simple step by step recipes is updated frequently. Also we focus on the “Best recipes for busy families”.
Certainly, all best recipes for busy families have been thoroughly tested by us. We only recommend recipes and kitchen appliances that we use and like.