Leche Frita (Fried Milk) – the best Spanish Dessert
Certainly, Leche Frita (Fried Milk) is one of the most popular Spanish Desserts. The recipe is simple but there are a few tips you have to keep in mind when you will be making delicious Spanish Desert. We learned it the hard way by going though multiple trial and error rounds in order to find the right proportion of ingredients to make perfect Leche Frita recipe. In other words, just follow our Fried Milk Spanish Dessert ingredients (see below) to save time, avoid frustration and get the best results.
Finally, after experimenting with the thickness of the pieces we ended up with the most optimized measurements: the Fried Milk pieces should be at least 3/4-inch thick otherwise Leche Frita becomes extremely challenging to work with.
Above all, the right way of cooking Spanish Leche Frita Dessert Recipe is to keep the pieces firm but not over starchy.
In addition, a few suggestion on how to serve Leche Frita:
- Hot and paired with a scoop of ice cream
- At room temperature
- Cold from the fridge.
It is your choice by the end of the day, find your favorite way and enjoy it. Caramba, that’s soft and creamy… Yum!!!
As you are already aware, the best recipes for busy families is the motto of our website.
- 4 cups milk
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup cornstarch
- lemon zest from 1 lemon
- orange zest from 1 orange
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- Oil to fry
- 3 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- The Rock Skillet
- Single Burner Induction Cooktop
- Immersion Hand Blender, Utalent 5-in-1 8-Speed Stick Blender with 500ml Food Grinder, BPA-Free, 600ml Container,Milk Frother,Egg Whisk,Puree Infant Food, Smoothies, Sauces and Soups – White
- Stainless Steel Casserole
- Peel the orange and lemon skin.
- Dissolve 1 cup cornstarch in 1 cup milk.
- Add 1 tsp vanilla extract.
- Pour the remaining milk into the stainless steel casserole, add lemon and orange skin, cinnamon stick and sugar.
- Bring it to boil, remove from the burner.
- Close the lid and let it stay for 15 minutes.
- Mix the milk well, take out the lemon and orange skin as well as cinnamon stick.
- Whisk in the cornstarch mixture until it becomes smooth and creamy.
- Cover the food container with plastic wrap.
- Transfer the mixture into the food container with spatula.
- Wrap it and let it cool down to room temperature. Then refrigerate it for a couple of hours.
- Beat a couple of eggs.
- Coat the cream with flour and then cut it into small equal pieces.
- Coat each small piece with flour and beaten eggs, then coat with flour one more time.
- Heat the skillet, pour oil. When it is hot, fry the milk on each side until it is golden brown.
- Transfer the fried pieces to the paper towel to absorb the oil.
- Mix 3 tsp sugar and 1 tsp cinnamon powder in a bowl.
- Coat each piece in this mixture.
Nutrition Facts Disclaimer
(Nutrition Facts provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
Finally, Fried Milk Spanish Dessert (Leche frita) is included in your recipe collection now. In addition to the Spanish sweet, don’t forget to check out other recipes for busy families that will help you cook much faster and healthier:
In addition, stay tuned as the list of our simple step by step recipes is updated frequently. Also we focus on the “Best recipes for busy families”.
Certainly, all best recipes for busy families have been thoroughly tested by us. Finally, we only recommend recipes and kitchen appliances that we use and like.