Mashed Potatoes | Instant Pot Recipes
Learn how to make garlic Mashed Potatoes in Instant Pot. Above all, this recipe is very basic but still one of the yummiest side dishes on Earth. It can be served with steaks, beef Stroganoff and any other meat or vegetables. The best Instant Pot recipes are not necessarily the most difficult and time consuming. It takes only 4 minutes to make homemade Mashed Potatoes in Pressure Cooker. The total cooking time is about 20 minutes, i.e. 10 minutes to gather steam to start pressure cooking function and 5 minutes for quick release. You might spend another 10 minutes to peel potatoes and get rid of the little knots with your peeling knife.
As always, there is a small but powerful trick which makes the difference between the just fine garlic Mashed Potatoes and the best creamy and flavorful result. The secret ingredients are garlic, rosemary stalk and heavy whipping cream. Certainly, they will give additional creaminess and flavor to your side dish.
The best recipes for busy families is the motto of our website. With passion and creativity make yummy healthy dinner recipes in Instant Pot.
- 3 lb potatoes
- 1 tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 4 cups water
- Fresh rosemary stalk
- Instant Pot DUO80 8 Qt 7-in-1 Multi- Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Sauté, Yogurt Maker and Warmer
Make your choice based on the budget, number of family members, kitchen size and other relevant considerations.
Here is a quick tip to consider when selecting the size of Instant Pot:
3Qt size – good for 2 people
6Qt size – good for 3-4 people
8Qt size – good for 5-6 people
- Peel potatoes and cut them into cubes. Get rid of the little knots from the potatoes with a tip of a potatoes peeler. Place potatoes in an inner pot and cover them with cold water. Add 1 tbsp salt. Close the lid and turn the valve to the “Sealing” position. Select “Pressure Cook” program and set time to 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile mix 1/2 cup milk and 1/2 cup whipping cream in a saucepan, then add a rosemary stalk and 3 cloves of mashed garlic. Bring it to boil. Feel free to increase the amount of milk and whipping cream according to your taste. Garlic and rosemary will make your mashed potatoes more flavorful and milk and whipping cream will add smoothness and creaminess. Remove garlic and rosemary with a sieve.
- When time is up, open the lid by using the quick release i.e. turn the valve to the “Venting” position. Drain potatoes and mash them well with a potato masher.
- Slowly drizzle in the hot milk sauce.
- Transfer mashed potatoes to a plate. Add melted butter to bring extra fluffiness. Sprinkle with parsley or dill to bring fresh taste.
Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes Tip:
To keep mashed potatoes warm until serving: cover potatoes and place into a warm oven or transfer to a slow cooker on the low setting to keep potatoes warm until ready to serve.
Well, easy and yummy garlic Mashed Potatoes are ready. They turned out really creamy, tasteful and delicious. Enjoy!
Nutrition Facts Disclaimer
(Nutriton Facts provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
Other Pressure Cooker Recipes
Furthermore, add to your homemade Mashed Potatoes recipe one of the following options: Shrimp Alfredo Pasta, Chinese Noodles, BBQ Baby Back Ribs, Chinese Fried Rice, Roasted Potatoes, Whole roasted chicken, Oatmeal Porridge and Moroccan Lamb Tajine. The garlic Mashed Potatoes recipe is tasty and simple. Stay tuned as the list of our simple step by step recipes is updated frequently. Also we focus on the healthy recipes only. The pressure cooker recipes and ideas become more and more popular and this exactly matches our strategy as well as our promise to our customers is “Best recipes for busy families”.
All best recipes for busy families have been thoroughly tested by us. We only recommend recipes and kitchen appliances that we use and like. Take a look at our unbiased review of Instant Pot. Enjoy your instapot recipes.