Cheese Bannock (Quick fried bread recipe)
Certainly, everybody loves easy, quick and delicious recipes. In other words, these kind of recipes are in high demand at the times when you run out of all your products and there only basic ingredients left in your fridge. Above all, today we will share with you one of the recipes which is not only quick, easy and yummy but also healthy as it is fried WITHOUT any oil. Most importantly, here comes a Cheese Bannock (Quick fried bread recipe) made with buttermilk.
As always, there are some useful tips that might help you achieve the best results.
Firstly, use homemade Buttermilk.
Secondly, do not use any oil to fry quick Bannocks.
As always, we share with you only the recipes that we made many times and selected as per the strict criteria for busy families that care about the budget and health.
- Buttermilk 3.25% fat 1 cup
- Baking Soda 1/3 tsp
- Salt 1/2 tsp
- Sugar 1/2 tsp
- Vegetable oil 2 tbsp
- Egg 1
- Flour 2 1/2 – 3 cups
- Mozzarella cheese 10 ounce
- Mixed herbs green onion (1/2 cup), dill (1/2 cup) and cilantro (1/2 cup)
- Egg 1
- Salt and pepper to taste
Melted Butter 2 tbsp
- Let’s start making Cheese Bannocks by pouring Buttermilk into a large bowl.
- Add Baking Soda and mix it.
- Season with salt and pepper, add 1 egg and whisk it well.
- Pour vegetable oil, we used sunflower oil.
- Sieve the flour and add half of it into the bowl, mix it. Similarly, add another half of the sieved flour.
- Make a soft dough.
- Turn dough out on a lightly floured surface, and knead gently.
- Form a ball, and divide it into 4 equal parts.
- Cover it with plastic wrap and set aside to rest.
- Let’s make the filling.
- Grate Mozzarella cheese.
- Mix it with 1 egg, add freshly chopped green onion, dill, cilantro and salt and pepper to your taste.
- Mix it well.
- Roll bannocks.
- Divide filling into 4 parts and add it into each dough piece.
- Wrap the filling.
- Gently press it to form perfectly flat bannock.
- Fry it one by one on a dry frying pan. fry it on a medium heat 1.5- 2 minutes on each side.
- Cover the Frying Pan with the lid to make it rise.
- Once the bannock turns golden brown, flip it on another side.
- Brush bannocks with melted butter to make them softer.
- Finally, make a pile by putting them one on top of another.
(Nutrition Facts provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
Other Related Recipes
Certainly, quick, delicious and healthy breakfast recipes make our life better and Cheese Bannock (Quick fried bread recipe) is just one of many our recipes. In addition, check other quick breakfast recipes at our website:
As you already know, homemade Kefir is a fantastic source of many nutrients.
Also, from culinary point of view Buttermilk is an essential ingredient for cooking a lot of yummy recipes including cakes, pancakes, dough, cottage cheese and many more.
Finally, stay tuned as we are planning to show you our simple step by step recipes which are updated frequently. Moreover, we focus on the healthy recipes only. No doubt, this exactly matches our strategy as well as our promise to our customers is “Best recipes for busy families”.
Certainly, all the best recipes for busy families have been thoroughly tested by us. In conclusion, we have to confess: we only recommend recipes and kitchen appliances that we use and like.