Whole roasted chicken in Instant Pot
Whole roasted chicken is a beginner Instant Pot recipe. I am sure it will be added to your collection of the best Pressure Cook recipes. The chicken Instant Pot recipes are among the most popular, easy and delicious dishes. The chicken pressure cooker recipe requires less than half of the time it is usually needed for an oven-cooked whole roasted chicken.
- 1 whole chicken
- 2 tbsp chicken seasoning
- 5 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup chicken stock (250 ml)
- olive oil
- Instant Pot DUO80 8 Qt 7-in-1 Multi- Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Sauté, Yogurt Maker and Warmer
Make your choice based on the budget, number of family members, kitchen size and other relevant considerations.
Here is a quick tip to consider when selecting the size of Instant Pot:
3Qt size – good for 2 people
6Qt size – good for 3-4 people
8Qt size – good for 5-6 people
- Mix the chicken seasoning, garlic, ground black pepper and salt .
Season the whole chicken generously inside and out with the mix.
- Select (Sauté) to pre-heat the Instant Pot. When the word “Hot” appears on the display, add 2 swirls of olive oil and add the chicken. Brown it on each side (4 minutes on each side). Add rosemary.
- Remove the chicken from Instant Pot.
- Then, de-glaze the inner pot with the chicken stock, ensuring to scrape the bottom well and incorporating any brown bits into the rest of the sauce.
- Place the steam rack inside the Instant Pot. Place the chicken on the steam rack.
- Close and lock the lid. Select (Poultry) button. Turn the steam release handle on the lid to “Sealing” position.
- When time is up, press “Cancel”, open the pressure cooker using Quick Release (turn the steam release handle on the lid to “Venting” position).
- Put the chicken into the baking pan and broil it in the oven for about 10-15 minutes.
Nutrition Facts Disclaimer
(Nutriton Facts provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
Other Pressure Cook Recipes
Expand your easy Pressure Cook recipes by adding Oatmeal Porridge and Moroccan Lamb Tajine. This beginner instant pot recipe opens a new door to a private chef kitchen and builds your culinary confidence.
All best Pressure Cook recipes for busy families have been thoroughly tested by us. We only recommend recipes and kitchen appliances that we use and like. Take a look at our unbiased review of Instant Pot. Enjoy your instapot recipes.